Uponor Launches New Xpress Trak ™ Residential Radiant Heating Panels
Uponor is continuing to innovate in the residential radiant market with the launch of its newest radiant panel — Xpress Trak ™. Designed for residential new construction and remodels, Xpress Trak is a single-panel system with lightweight XPS foam at its core and laminated aluminum around the entire surface to provide exceptional heat-transfer capability.
The XPS foam in Xpress Trak provides numerous benefits for both the installing contractor and the homeowner, including:
- Natural moisture resistance to eliminate caulking edges or panel grooves for increased installation efficiencies
- No insulation needed in joist space below the subfloor, saving labor time and materials costs
- Compressive strength of 49 psi (pounds per square inch) to eliminate floor deflection
- Lower mass for faster response times to improve system performance
- An R-value of 3.13 that allows energy use to heat the space rather than charging and storing energy into the panel
Xpress Trak is designed for use with 5/16" Wirsbo hePEX™ oxygen-barrier PEX-a pipe and includes a low, 5/8" profile to minimize construction in remodel projects, as well as 6" on-center pipe spacing to accurately meet residential radiant application needs. The panels work well under most floor coverings, including hardwood, carpet, tile, linoleum, and luxury vinyl tile or plank. Additionally, the product features straight runs and return bends integrated into one panel for faster, easier ordering and installation.
“With more than 40 years in the radiant market, we are passionate about innovations that advance the industry,” says Aaron Stotko, director, Segment Marketing, at Uponor. “By launching Xpress Trak, which provides an ideal complement to our new Smatrix Pulse wireless radiant and air-side control system, installers will now have a comprehensive solution that can help increase efficiencies, productivity, and profitability in their residential projects.”