New Armstrong COMPASS R Represents the Next Technology Evolution for Circulators
Featuring Advanced Variable Speed Design and New ECM Motors
Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the next technology evolution for circulators with the introduction of the COMPASS R. Featuring advanced variable speed Design Envelope technology, new high-efficiency Armstrong iECMTM motors, and quadratic pressure curves, the COMPASS R will minimize both energy costs and long-term operating costs for homeowners.
Other innovative features of the COMPASS R circulator include:
- High-efficiency dry rotor design
- Optimized hydraulics
- Replaceable mechanical seal
- Bolt-for-bolt connection compatibility with a range of installed 3-piece circulators
- Onboard control panel for easy selection of the appropriate operations mode and flow
- Release latch for easy adjustment of the display orientation and repairability
- Easy-to-access front-facing terminal block
- Large wiring chamber
- Complies with EEI<0.22
The COMPASS R offers multiple control options and an auto mode that adjusts the speed to match flow requirements. The new Armstrong circulator is available in .25 hp to 1.5 hp models with a maximum flow rate of 225 GPM and maximum head of 65 feet.
“Incorporating advanced Design Envelope technology into our circulators, coupled with the high efficiency iECM motors adds significant value through improved operating efficiency and sensorless, demand-based control,” said Andy Januszewski, Armstrong Marketing Manager.