For many years the go-to method for heating water was with a tank-styled device. Today, however, industry projections indicate a growing interest in tankless type heaters. We are pleased to invite Paul Rohrs, national trainer at Lochinvar, to the webinar series for a first-ever appearance to help you make a smart choice for your customer's hot water needs. Come on in... the water's warm!
- What has changed regarding safety requirements on tank-style heaters?
- When is an electric hot water heater a viable option?
- Heat pump style: what's that all about?
- I've heard most of Europe and the rest of the world heats with tankless: T or F?
- What are the trade-offs of each style?
- Cost-wise tank vs. tankless is almost a wash these days: T or F?
- Give me an honest, "no sales" comparison based on data and experiences.
- When does a combi heater make sense to consider?
Paul Rohrs' responsibilities at Lochinvar include training and system design for HE boilers, water heaters and tanks. Paul has been in the plumbing, heating and cooling industry for nearly 30 years and was previously a national award winning radiant contractor with radiant design and installation experience. He has written articles for PHC News, Plumbing Engineer, Business Mechanical, Reeves Journal and HPAC Engineering.